Here's a little something I've been working on this week, from rough sketch to finished illustration.
I started out with a really rough sketch in blue pencil.
Then went over it with a 4B pencil to rough in more details before I scanned it into Photoshop.
Then I worked on a few rough color layouts. Initially, I thought I'd use lots of green because of the clover but I decided that was a bit obvious. Then I settled on this blue and magenta color scheme but inevitably changed it a bit as well, going with more red than pink.
Next it was time for flat colors.
Then working on shading and details.
And then it was finished and test printed!